Pages

Post Chemo Report: Second Edition

Sunday, June 7, 2015

I am beginning to emerge from my chemo funk...or at least I hope I am!

I had big plans to work on my online French class while I sat there getting chemo Monday and Tuesday, but instead 3 of my best friends decided to come visit. It helped pass the time SO much quicker. I know I keep saying it, but I feel so thankful to have friends who are embracing this so called "journey" with me. I will never be able to thank them enough! So that leaves me scrambling to finish all my french homework tonight, but really how could I focus on french when the whole Caitlyn Jenner thing was happening?

I am scared to say too much, as my status can change so quickly, but overall this week went better than the first time. Not that it was a walk in the park, but  I was actually able to keep food down and stay on top of my meds so I didn't feel too nauseous. Today was actually the worst day, but I kind of expected to bottom out before it gets better!  I mainly just slept the whole week. I am usually a good texter, but I must apologize for this past week! I responded to my friend's text last night and she responded that she had actually texted me that text two nights ago...whoops.

My biggest problem this time around is my throat. Sorry if it gets to be TMI, but my throat feels SO thick that it makes it hard to swallow. Sometimes it gags me to the point of throwing up. It makes eating and drinking very unappealing, which is unfortunate because I really need to be hydrated. I am trying though! My major craving this week has been chocolate chip waffles. I am pretty sure I ate like 3 in one day.

I saw my doctor on Friday for labs and a visit. My counts were all good which was great so  I have no restrictions. I don't go back till the 17 to get my lupron shot and labs, since I will get the methotrexate in the hospital that following week (the 22). I am hoping I perk up here in the next day or two so I can fit in some babysitting and shopping!

My three best friends and I finally scheduled a little beach getaway for the four of us next week. It just so happened that there was a week where they are all off their internships and I should not be sick from chemo (which if you have seen our schedules this summer is an actual miracle)! I am super excited. We always talk about stuff like this, but it never actually happens. We have a hotel reservation and everything, but I probably still won't believe it till we are in the car! Unfortunately, I will not be able to lay out as I usually do, but I have stocked up on high SPF sunscreen and will bring the big umbrella! I think a get away will do all of us some good. Our plans include laying on the beach and eating, which are two of my favorite things. I have some outfits I need to wear that are just a bit too dressy for the hospital :).

If my life were still following the path I expected to be on at this point, I would probably be seeing Taylor Swift in Charlotte tomorrow. I was planning to wait to get tickets anyway, but then all this happened so I never got tickets. Considering I have hardly left the bed this week, it is probably a good thing. She is going to be in Atlanta at the end of October (which should be nearing the end of all this stuff if everything stays on track), so that is my new plan. She puts on the best concerts, and I think 1989 may be my favorite CD of hers ever, so I have to see her. One of my best friends is going tomorrow, and I gave her full permission to use the "my friend has cancer card" if she runs into Taylor :).


So it is currently 9pm and I have a bunch of french assignments due by midnight, so I better get to it. I am excited to start feeling like myself again soon and getting out of the house!

I hope everyone has a great week!
Life is like a bicycle...


No comments:

Post a Comment